2020/21 200-HR Yoga Teacher Training – Part-time (weekends):
*sessions will be from 8:00AM – 6:00PM both days
- September 19 & 20
- October 17 & 18
- November 14 & 15
- December 12 & 13
- January 16 & 17
- February 20 & 21
- March 20 & 21
- April 17 & 18
- May 15 & 16
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com
Take Your Love of Yoga to The Next Level
Designed for aspiring yoga teachers and/or yogis who seek to deepen their practice and knowledge through a structured curriculum, this yoga teacher training will support you in awakening your heart and living a more meaningful and empowered life of freedom and joy. Through immersion in the life-affirming teachings, you will transform your body, mind, and heart.
Learning to Teach Yoga
Within the supportive community environment, you will be championed to discover your own unique gifts as a teacher and learn how to offer them with confidence and clarity. You will be encouraged and supported to step into your own power and discover your authentic voice as you share the essence of yoga, which is love.
The journey of becoming a yoga teacher is one of profound transformation and radical self-discovery. It requires a dedicated practice, ongoing studentship and a willingness to be open to the creative impulse of life.
The goal of this training is to provide a well-rounded education that will help trainees find their unique and creative expression as a teacher. This is a Hatha-based yoga teacher training but we will also introduce a variety of yoga classes including: prenatal, kids, chair, vinyasa, power, restorative etc. This program, is also open to anyone who is not looking to teach but wants to deepen their personal practice. During this course trainees will cultivate skills needed to teach a masterful and inspirational class
Assignments are given between segments to facilitate integration of the teachings. Homework is an important aspect of the overall training and provides a structure of support for the learning process. Assignments will include regular practice of asana, pranayama, and meditation, keeping a journal, observation of other classes, practice teaching to friends, family, and/or students, required reading, written exercises.
- Minimum 1 year of yoga experience with regular practice for the past six months, or by teacher’s permission.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- A sincere desire to learn, grow, open your heart, and be coached.
- Hold a high schools diploma or its equivalent
- Be computer literate. Assignments and non-contact hour communication will typically take place via email. Students should be able to download documents, upload documents and send email attachments.
- No credit is given for prior training in another program.
- Develop the confidence and ability to teach yoga to individuals in private or group settings.
- Discover your authentic voice and unique gifts as a teacher.
- Learn alignment techniques that create safety and healing in poses.
- Study postures in extensive detail, including common mis-alignments and corrections, and use of props.
- Learn basic anatomy and kinesiology as related to specific yoga postures and key actions in the body.
- Learn appropriate hands on alignment skills
- Explore subtle energy anatomy including chakras, nadis, kundalini, and the five koshas.
- Observation skills, demonstration, verbal and physical adjustments.
- Learn intelligent, effective and creative sequencing.
- Guide introductions, centerings, and Savasana
- Study yogic philosophy and learn practical ways to integrate these teachings into a yoga class.
- Learn how to expand your skills to teach different types of yoga (Vinyasa, Hatha, Yin, Restorative, Kids & more)
- Learn the business of yoga including professional practices and ethics.
- Attend all teacher training sessions
- Pass a Final Exam
- Attend 10 hours of group classes with the Lead Instructor. These 10 classes are free of charge.
- Minimum 10 hours of practice teaching (to friends, family or community classes set up at the studio)
- Must be able to perform basic asanas in good alignment with respect to our body. You need to be able to demonstrate the basic benchmarks of bio-mechanical integration in your own body.
- Pass written quizzes
- Pay all fees and outstanding balances.
Training Investment: $3100.00 +GST*
Initial deposit of $500.00 GST due at time of registration.
Payment Plan option: $500 deposit + 6 payments of $433.33 per month (plus GST)
Tuition includes other perks such as:
- Practicum & Mentorship at Buddha Belly. Giving you the opportunity to get practice teaching and gain experience so that you can put it on your resume. Potential to be hired out of this Practicum to be a Yoga Teacher at Buddha Belly;
- 10% off yoga props and other merchandise at Buddha Belly;
- 5 Free Classes a month at Buddha Belly for the duration of the training
If you have any further questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Instructor – Lori Whitby
I have been teaching yoga since 2010. I started by teaching friends, family and co-workers for free in a friend’s empty office space until opening a studio later that year. I have taught over 2500 hours of classes, workshops and two previous teacher trainings. I have been either teaching or coaching in some capacity for the past 25 years. I love nothing more than seeing people feeling success in what they love.
I completed my 500 hour teacher training in 2016 and develop classes and workshops based on yoga for everybody. I work to fit the pose to the individual not try to make you fit into the “look” of the pose. I have experience teaching a variety of different classes and workshops aimed at helping people feel good. I believe in the trans-formative nature of yoga and have witnessed it in students and especially teacher trainees.
My yoga teaching is rooted in the hatha but I don’t limit trainings to just one discipline. This training offers a broad and well-rounded experience that sets trainees up to be great! I want graduates feeling confident that they can start teaching right away, if they want, with enough knowledge and tools to succeed. I work as hard as I can to make this happen.